The rapidly-growing area of biotechnology requires focused capabilities and strategic management of IP. Benesch’s 3iP group provides careful drafting of patent applications, skillful procurement of worldwide patent and trademark rights, counseling and negotiating license and distribution agreements, effecting technology transfers, and advising on litigation interferences, International Trade Commission actions, and other inter partes matters to ensure optimal protection and exploitation of our clients’ valuable technologies. Our lawyers have assisted clients in a wide variety of biotechnology fields, including: diagnostic and therapeutic; drug delivery systems; drug discovery; medical devices; and pharmaceutical treatment, to name a few.
- Patent searching, including state-of-the-art searches and right-to-use searches
- Preparing and prosecuting patent applications relating to a wide variety of inventions
- Drafting and negotiating patent-related agreements, including licensing
- Advising on patent infringement, validity, and enforceability issues
- Prosecuting and defending patent infringement actions, interferences, and §337 actions
- Valuation of intellectual property